Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Ingredients for 18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (or egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed (2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup yogurt whey or milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
I've always loved these muffins, but I think they whole food version is even better than the original. I also sometimes add a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
This post is shared with Real Food Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday, Works for me Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked and Bake with Bizzy.