- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion (I used the white part of one Vidalia green onion), chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/4 cup dry)
- 1 cup whole wheat bread cubes
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon House seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- whole wheat bread crumbs dusting
- Homemade salsa and cilantro, if desired
Turn patties onto a breadcrumb-filled plate, dusting all sides. Grill in a bit of olive oil, about 3 minutes per side. Serve topped with salsa and cilantro, if desired.
BEFORE grilling, flash freeze, divide among freezer bags and freeze. To serve: Thaw. Grill in olive oil, 3 minutes per side. Top with salsa and cilantro.
Oh my goodness. My husband and I LOVED this version of the burgers. And the kid who wasn't being a picky eater that day ate hers with gusto. Bug ate a few bites and proceeded to eat her salsa as the rest of her meal. Some days are like that. We made a double batch and the second set froze beautifully.
The party has a few SIMPLE RULES and all of the themes for the entire year are list here on the THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS tab at Moms Crazy Cooking. Plan ahead, check out the weeks you want to make sure to link up or just browse them to see what's going on.
This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
- April 2: Easter Cookies & Treats
- April 9: Show us your ULTIMATE SANDWICH
- April 16: COPYCAT RECIPES from Your Favorite Restaurants
- April 23: National PICNIC DAY: Picnic Recipes