Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chickpea Brown Rice Burgers {Vegan}

These Chickpea Brown Rice Burgers I posted over at OAMM Friday are a delicious option for vegan, meat-free option for Lent. And a great way to sneak extra broccoli in for kids who aren't such big fans. We used our CrockPot Salsa Chickpeas (mainly because that's what I had in the fridge) for a little extra pizzazz and it turned out great.

The Results
Wow; these burgers were a hit for the whole family. I think the flavor of our CrockPot Salsa Chickpeas really enhanced the burgers. The kids were originally a little wary of the look of the burgers, but went crazy for them once they took bites. The meat-eating husband, who is not a big fan of chickpeas, surprisingly loved them too! Super win!

This post shared at Gallery of Favorites, Fresh Bites Friday, Friday Favorites, Potluck FridaySavory Sunday, Frugal Fridays and I'm Lovin' It.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these delicious veggie burgers. I've shared them on my FB page, they look so good!

    ReplyDelete