Get Real challenge. It really encouraged us to stay home and assuage our pizza cravings at home with this simple recipe. It turned out incredibly and we'll definitely be having it again.
- 1 pizza dough* (Betty Crocker recipe with substitutions)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup marinara or Bolognese sauce
- 6 slices green pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup Vegan Pepperoni slices, quartered
Prepare dough as directed. Pre-bake at 425 for 7-8 minutes. Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil. Top crust with bolognese, onion and garlic mixture, green pepper slices, Mozarella, black olives and "pepperoni."
Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Holy deliciousness. This is definitely one of the best homemade pizzas we've ever made. The kids actually liked both versions, with Goose leaning heavily toward the vegetarian version.
This post is shared with Real Food Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday, What's on Your Plate?, What's on the Menu Wednesday, Let's Do Brunch, Works for me Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked and Bake with Bizzy.