Thanks to Angela's excellent egg substitute post over at Onceamonthmom.com ... no joke, it changed my cooking life, I've decided this go-around to substitute canned pumpkin puree for the eggs instead of the cornstarch and water mix I used last time.
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti, cooked, drained, rinsed and cooled
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or 4 portions other egg substitute)
- 1/2-3/4 cup parmesan cheese or substitute
- Italian seasoning, to taste
Blend all ingredients (reserving a bit of "parmesan") together and fry in an oven-safe pan in olive oil until under-side is browned. Once under-side is browned (about 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat), top with reserved "parmesan" and broil until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Eat it all before your husband sees it. Or be sweet and share (I won't tell if you don't).
I LOVE the pumpkin puree in this, it brings its own flavor without completely taking over the dish. The kids loved this version, too. We may have *accidentally* eaten it all before my husband could get a serving, so we're not sure what he thinks.
The party has a few SIMPLE RULES and all of the themes for the entire year are list here on the THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS tab at Moms Crazy Cooking. Plan ahead, check out the weeks you want to make sure to link up or just browse them to see what's going on.
This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
- February 6: Nutella DAY (Peanut Butter, Almond Butter & More)
- February 13: Valentine's Day Treats or Romantic Dinners
- February 20: Avocado Recipes & Homemade Salsa
- February 27: Smoothies & Shakes
If you are a regular link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. If you are new please read and follow the simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!