Friday, November 18, 2011

Slow Cooker Potato Soup {Vegetarian}

Day 322. 

I love potato soup, and it's toggling back and forth between soup weather and non-soup weather here. So I grabbed the chance to make this delicious dish on a cool, drizzly day. The soup can be made vegetarian or vegan based on which homemade cream of seitan or mushroom is used. I created this version with a vegetarian cream of mushroom, but would love to try this again with a cream of seitan or even cream of chickpea soup another day.

Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Ingredients
Directions
Add all ingredients, except cream cheese to a 4-quart slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add in cream cheese and cook on high for 30 minutes before serving.

The Results
I really enjoyed the simplicity of this potato soup. I'm still a huge fan of the Loaded Baked Potato Soup I made earlier this year (way back on Day 77), but this soup is definitely a keeper, too. And the slow cooker makes it incredibly simple.

2 comments:

  1. I love potato soup, especially in the winter. It's comforting and warm. What a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete