Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chickpea Pot Pie {Vegan}

Day 291.


I'm over at Once a Month Mom with a delicious Chickpea Pot Pie, which can be made vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or even lower-calorie based on the homemade cream of mushroom soup you can use for the filling. I used the vegan version and along with vegan pie crust to make this pie. The Cream of Something Soup post has a handy chart to suggest substitutions for various dietary needs as well as various cream soups (celery, "chicken," asparagus, mushroom, etc.).

The Results
This pie (and the soup) is incredible! I think my husband (yes, the one who is not a huge fan of chickpeas) liked this most of all. He ended up eating nearly 3/4 of the pie while the kids and I shared the other quarter. Everyone loved it and it is so simple, it will definitely be going into our regular rotation. You could really put just about any veggies in the mix as long as they're pre-cooked and make this recipe your own.

This post is shared at·Tuesdays at the Table, Tuesday Night Supper ClubSlightly Indulgent TuesdayTasty Tuesday, Delectable TuesdayTempt My Tummy TuesdayDelicious DishesReal Food Wednesday, Recipe of the Week, Hearth and Soul,Tutorial Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. This looks SO delicious, I’m book-marking this to make for later! I found you via Tempt my Tummy Tuesday. I’m your newest follower and would love a “follow back”!

    Have a great week,

    Jillian @ www.foodfolksandfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! My husband doesn't like chickpeas, so maybe I can mix them in with real chicken to get him to try it?! :) Thanks for linking up to Recipe of the Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, comforting recipe. There is nothing like a good pot pie! And I love the cream of something soup too, especially with all the diet friendly variations. Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this recipe, and it was pretty awesome. Of course, I made my own variations to it, using different veggies, and made a gluten free pie crust using teff flour, but thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. @Penniless Parenting I'm so glad you were able to make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow--what a fabulous way to make a classic comfort food more healthful. it is making my mouth water. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club. sorry it took me so long to get over here to thank you personally.
    christy

    ReplyDelete