- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 1/2 a large onion)
- 8-9 ounces steak substitute (portabella mushroom strips, Vegan Steak Strips, Gardein beefless tips or seitan strips)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic
Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic; saute for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and onion. Saute for 3 minutes. Add steak strips, and saute for 4 minutes or until warm.
Drain pasta. Combine pasta and sesame oil, toss to coat.
Add pasta mixture. In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce with remaining ingredients. Add to pan. Cook 1 minute or until lo mein is thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.