Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sausage and Broccoli Egg Muffins {Vegetarian}

 Day 261.
Veggie Converter 365Bug is a huge fan of broccoli ad sausage. Not so much of eggs. I know how she feels. I like eggs IN other things, but just straight eggs I'm not a big fan of either.

But, with all this other goodness mixed in, I thought there might be a chance she and I would like them. And I KNOW my husband will like them. He loves eggs and sausage.

Broccoli Italian Sausage Egg Muffins
Adapted from  Broccoli Italian Sausage Egg Muffins.
Ingredients
  • 4 ounces seitan, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning 
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 8 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • House seasoning, to taste
  • Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F. If your seitan is not pre-cooked, pan fry it in a bit of oil. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli.

Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season to taste. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with oil. Spoon out the sausage and broccoli mixture evenly into each cup.

Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes. 


The Results
Bug gobbled these up. So did my husband and Goose. I even thought they were pretty good. But, for my perfect version, I'd tone down the eggs a bit and add a bit of biscuit mix for a bready egg muffin.

What are you having for Sunday Brunch, Breakfast or Lunch?

This post is shared at Penny Worthy Project, Cookbook Sundays,Creative Bloggers and· Savory Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog. You have an ambitious goal and I am sure you will succeed. When I saw this recipe, my first reaction was where the sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) The "sausage" substitute is the chopped seitan with Italian seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just popping over to let you know i featured you at savory sunday this week!! if you're interested I'd love if you did a guest post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, thanks Amanda. I'd definitely do a guest post. I'll get in touch.

    ReplyDelete