Sunday, September 4, 2011

Creamy Avocado BLT Pasta Salad {Vegan}

Day 247.
Veggie Converter 365As you've probably guessed, I love avocados and, of the meats in the world, bacon is about the only one I ever thought was tasty. So I love the combination of bacon and avocados. Sandwiches, pasta, just in a pile. Whatever. Our daughters both completely obsessed with both tomatoes and guacamole. And for our breaditarian, Goose, absolutely adores our various versions of "bacon." Bug's personal jury is still out on all "bacons." The whole family loves pasta. I guess there aren't too many people who don't.

This recipe, adapted from Life's Ambrosia, is one that I found through Pinterest. The photo just made me want to make it myself. Mine isn't nearly as beautiful (I like more pasta than toppings in my pasta salad), but I think it will be perfectly delicious.

Creamy Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
Adapted from Creamy Bacon Tomato and Avocado Pasta Salad.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup Mushroom Bacon Bits
  • 1 pound dried pasta (I used penne)
  • 1 cup tofu mayonnaise (or vegannaise)
  • 2 avocados: 1 pitted and diced and 1 smashed smooth
  • 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes
Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain. Run cold water over the top until the pasta is cooled. Meanwhile, whisk tofu mayonnaise, smashed avocado, lemon, salt, garlic powder, pepper and dill together in a bowl.

Stir cooled pasta, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and "bacon" into the dressing. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.

The Results
I really liked this. It's nice and creamy; plus simple to put together. Our youngest, Goose, absolutely devoured it. Bug, however, looked at it and wouldn't even try it. No idea why. Surely it wasn't the side of grapes she was devouring.

What are you having for Sunday Brunch, Breakfast or Lunch?

This post is shared at Penny Worthy Project, Cookbook Sundays, and· Savory Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. I love this recipe and must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck. Fake bacon. Another one of those recipe blogs written by people who are vegan for "health" reasons instead of because they hate meat. After a brief trial, I am now unsubscribing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To each his own I suppose. :) It's all in what you call it. If you prefer "smoky and salty mushrooms" feel free to call them that.

    ReplyDelete