Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eight Can Soup {Vegan}

Day 222.

Except it's actually 7 cans, and a bag. But that's only because I despise canned peas. I went with frozen peas and carrots instead. But, feel free to sub canned back in if you like.

Eight Can Soup
Adapted from 8 Can Soup.
Ingredients
  • 10.75 ounces tomato soup, condensed
  • 10.75 ounces vegetable soup, condensed
  • 15 ounces corn with juice
  • 15 ounces peas and carrots
  • 30 ounces vegetarian chili
  • 10 ounces Rotel (tomatoes with green chiles)
  • 10 ounces water
  • 1/4 cup croutons (optional)
  • 1/4 cup cheese, shredded (optional, vegan, if desired)

Directions
Pour all ingredients in 6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine. Heat on low for 6-8 hours. Top with croutons and cheese, if desired.

The Results
This was pretty good. And obviously super simple. I had to have the croutons and cheese on mine. Without, it was just not complete. I loved using 2 different flavors of chili, that was a super combination.

This post is shared with Real Food Wednesday, Recipes I Can't Wait to Try, What's Cooking Wednesday, What's on Your Plate?, What's on the Menu Wednesday, Let's Do Brunch, Works for me Wednesday, Gold Star Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked, Foodie Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday and No Whine Wednesday.


5 comments:

  1. This looks so good and so simple to make after a busy day. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll eat this! I may use chili with meat instead. I found you at Cast Party Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ridiculously simple and flexible. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe....so simple...absolutely delicious I bet.

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Foodie Wednesday. hope to see you there this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I'd like to invite you back this week.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe! So quick and easy, and delicious too. I like that you used frozen peas instead of canned - I feel the same way about canned peas as you do! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Let's Do Brunch. Hope to see you there again this week :)

    ReplyDelete