Friday, August 12, 2011

Cheesy Green Bean Skillet {Vegan}

Day 224.

We love green bean casserole around here. But, in the summertime it's just a bit too creamy. So this cheesy green bean skillet sounds like a great stand-in. And, bonus, I can make it in my rice cooker. No hot oven and so simple.

Cheesy Green Bean Skillet
Adapted from Cheesy Green Bean Skillet.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • 2 cups Vegetable Broth
  • 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon House seasoning
  • 1 cups cheddar cheese (Daiya vegan, if desired), shredded
  • 2 cups green beans or snap beans, fresh
Directions
Place all ingredients, except green beans and cheese, in rice cooker. Set to brown rice setting. About 30 minutes before cycle completion, place beans in steamer tray. Continue cycle. Stir in cheese about 5 minutes before completion. Serve.

The Results
Have I told you how much I love my rice cooker? Well, I do. Cheesy and delicious, and so simple to make. Loved it.

This post shared at Fat Camp Friday, Crafty Friday, Friday Favorites, Potluck FridayFrugal Fridays, Foodie Friday, Fresh Food Friday and I'm Lovin' It.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I've ever had cheese on green beans but I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete