Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cabbage Wonton Salad {Vegan}

Day 216.

When I made that ridiculously huge batch of Zucchini and Cabbage Dumplings, I put about half of it in the fridge to wontonize later. And then I thought, "hey, it's leftover day, maybe I should make something easier different with it." So I did. I cut the wonton dough into strips and make crispy wontons to mix into a cabbage salad.

Cabbage Wonton Salad
Ingredients
Directions
Preheat oven to 400. Roll out wonton dough and cut into 2-inch strips. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Sprinkle olive oil and house seasoning on top. Bake for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through and checking frequently to prevent burning

The Results
Mmm...this is like hot slaw with crunch. I love it. The kids adore the fried wonton strips at Chinese restaurants. They seem to like this slightly healthier version just as well.

This post is shared with Simple Lives Thursday, Tip Day Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Recipe Swap Thursday,Recipes I Can't Wait to Try, Things I Love Thursday, It's a Keeper, Full Plate Thursday, Grocery Cart Challenge and Ultimate Recipe Swap.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! This looks so simple! I am always down with a cabbage dish. Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete