Rhubarb is the perfect solution to too cloyingly sweet fruits. In my opinion. I am not a fan of strawberry pie. But I love strawberry-rhubarb. And apple-rhubarb. But I've never tried rhubarb-peach. It seems like it will be perfectly delicious.
Adapted from Rhubarb and Peach Crisp.
- 6 cups diced fresh peaches, masticated with 1 cup sugar (bag the peaches and sugar and let it sit refrigerated either overnight or until the peaches release their juices)
- 1 cup rhubarb, sliced (about 1 stalk)
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 375.
When peaches are masticated, mix in rhubarb and place in a sprayed 1.5-2 quart casserole dish. Mix remaining ingredients and place on top of peach mixture. Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes.
Holy yumtastic. I've always been fond of strawberry-rhubarb (even though I'm not a fan of plain strawberry treats). I think I like it even more with peaches. This was awesome. I topped mine with a bit of yogurt. Yum.
This post is shared with What's for Lunch Wednesday, Simply Delish and Muffin Tin Monday.