Monday, June 27, 2011

Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions {Vegan}

Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
Adapted from No, Fuss, No Fat Caramelized Onions
Ingredients
Directions
Slice onions in food processor, retaining ends for your Easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Broth freezer bag of vegetable scraps. Put sliced onions and broth in your slow cooker. Cook for 12-15 hours.

I also highly recommend, any time you chop onions (even in the food processor) to use one of those silvery peanuts (Rub Away Bar) you see in the top photo.

5 comments:

  1. How long would these keep? Can you freeze them?

    I love this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freeze mine in serving-size portions (pint bags). If I had them in the fridge, I would feel comfortable using them for up to 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristi!
    I am going to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vidalia onions have been inexpensive in our farmer's market so ... definitely going to give this one a try. I'm wondering ... if one didn't use as much broth, would the onions get darker? My mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, especially when you have onions to use up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete