Friday, May 13, 2011

Curried Noodles and Chicken Recipe

 

Day 133.

Blogger was down for maintenance, so this will be a short post to be updated later in case it goes down again. But, this is a fantastic recipe and I hope you all get the chance to try it.

Recipe
Adapted from Curried Noodles recipe.
Ingredients
1 pound macaroni noodles, cooked
1 red onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 carrot, sliced or grated
2 C Quorn "chicken" tender cubes
1-2 Tbsp curry powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
3 Tbsp. light butter spread
3 Tbsp. cream cheese

Directions
Cook onions, peppers and carrots in oil until softened in a deep skillet.

Add seasonings and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add "chicken" and stir.

Add butter and noodiles and toss to coat - if it appears dry, add a bit of water.

Heat through and add cream cheese and blend throughly.

The Results
We're HUGE curry fans here, so it's no surprise that we loved this dish. Here's how I knew for sure we had a winner. My husband had a bowl and said, "you know, this is not too great. But, being a good husband, I'll eat the rest so you don't have to suffer through it." My reply, "Excellent," as I dove into my own bowl. GO NOW, go make it. The cream cheese is such a simple brilliant way to make the creamy coating for the noodles. Indian recipes would probably use yogurt or coconut milk, but I think the cream cheese really makes the curry stick to the noodles well. So, so good.

This post shared at Fat Camp Friday, Crafty Friday, Friday Favorites, Potluck FridayFrugal Fridays, Foodie Fridayand I'm Lovin' It.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great -0 I love when recipes say cook till "fragrant". It just gives me a warm feeling inside! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love things with curry! Thanks for linking up to Fat Camp Friday this week! See you next Friday!

    ReplyDelete