Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vegetarian Game Day Recipe Round-up

Are you a vegetarian or vegan but still want to enjoy delicious snacks during the Big Game on Sunday? Here are some ideas to get you started.


Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizzas are the perfect treat for the game. Make them snackier by cutting the bread into 3-inch sections after baking.



Crockpot Chili will warm up any game. Plus, there is so much to do with Crockpot Chili Leftovers. This chili is also FANTASTIC on hot dogs and nachos. 




Pizza Bagel Bites are a great Game Day addition, especially for kids (big and small).




Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas are the perfect treat for hungry couch-surfers. Slice these into triangles and serve with sour cream and guacamole!

Or, start the game out right with snack-size slices of Vegan Pepporanata Pizza.


What are you serving for your Super Party?

4 comments:

  1. I think chili is a perfect game day dish. I think it'd be fun to have a few different types like a chipotle tempeh, black bean & sweet potato, and a white chili. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm those all sound good. My hubby's not a fan of white bean chili, but I'm sneaking some into the menu plan this month. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fantastic! Unfortunately we won't be watching the game (studying for pesky college exams is getting in the way). But I truly love your suggestions.

    I don't usually fix that type of food, but sometimes I get cravings for foods just like that! I usually make things like tempeh hotwings or nutritional yeast nacho cheese for corn chips. Another favorite (but very messy) is TVP sloppy joes! The carnivores in my family like the vegan version as well as the meat version.

    Next time I have a hankering for delicious game day type snacks, I'll have to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tempeh hot wings on my to-try list! They look so good. Sorry you're studies keep you from the game. But, this could make good study fuel, too! :)

    *hugs* Good Luck!
    ~kristi

    ReplyDelete