Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Stumbles Feb. 5

Our combined pre-cooking food collection. My veggie side is only somewhat neat and tidy because her side was so pretty I didn't want to look like a slob. I hauled mine across the street in Ziplocs, while my neighbor still has all her food in cans and boxes. That's a ton of food!

It has been a hectic week around here. The one day I hadn't cooked dinner the night before to have the next day, we decided to rearrange the room. A few minutes after we plugged my laptop in to its new outlet home, buzzap, smoke, stinky electrical smell....yep, the power box on the cord fried. So, we had to "rush" out and get a new computer so I could continue my challenge. If you're a regular reader, you also know that I did a full Once-A-Month Cooking experience earlier this week. It was way fun and productive, but due to our vastly different family work schedules, my neighbor and I were up until 11 cooking. (And she even stayed up until 4 a.m. finishing up...I waited and completed the rest of my cooking in the morning. Well, later in the morning.)

But I remain thankful because, unlike my Midwestern friends, I am not without power or trapped in my home by massive hills of snow. I also had a great week on the blog again, launching Meatless (Vegan) Monday, which had several people joining my challenge. So, are you a food blogger? Meat-eater? Vegetarian? Vegan? Please consider Joining the Meatless (Vegan) Mondays Challenge.

On to the favorites for the week.

Spicy Pepperoni Pizza with Carmelized Onions from Two Peas and their Pod looks like it would be a delicious conversion. Yum.

As always, Miz Helen has a yummy-sounding recipe this week with Cranberry Sliders. That would probably be great with beef substitute.

Salsa from Closet Cooking: My husband has an obsession with tomatillo sauce and I LOVE avocado, this tomatillo/avocado salsa sounds right up our alley(s).

Need something to put that salsa on? How about Baked Potato Nachos? What? Yes, wedges crisped up nacho style and topped with gooey deliciousness.

After my yummy Chickpea-Cauliflower Bread experience, I think I'd make just about anything with the pair (though my husband says he's getting burnt out on chickpeas. Pfft.) Here's a great option from Mika Cauliflower Cake.

This post is shared at Saturday StumblesFriday Favorites and Share Your Faves.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Kristi. You just made my weekend. I'm working on the start to my Menu Plan Monday post and popped over to grab the link for your tomato soup that I'm trying today. Then I see this! (I haven't checked Google Reader yet today for new posts.) All I can say is that those baked potato nachos (or a gfcf version) will be making an entrance at our house either this weekend or very early next week. Love your week in review. Sounds like you had a great week. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! Those baked potato nachos look divine! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look yummy, right? I'm so glad I made your weekend Steph. :) Enjoy both recipes!

    *hugs* ~kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a ton of food! Sounds like you have had a really busy time of it!! I like the sound of the recipes you have highlighted too.

    Thank you for linking up to Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home. I hope to see you again next week at the hop, and I'll be back here for your Meatless /Vegan Mondays :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groovy greetings and salutations~!!

    GFC follow *heavensent1* from Swinging By Sunday...ifn you have a moment, please stop by my place, ifn you have a moment and have yourself a look around ~ Mad Moose Mama ~ http://www.madmoosemama.blogspot.com ~ Have yourself a groovy day...peaces...xoxo

    ReplyDelete