Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Stumbles Feb. 12

Saturday again and it's been an awesome blog week. It's been fun pulling a few meals out of the freezer each day, but still having the freedom to cook up some of my own meals throughout the week. I love that about onceamonthmom.com it's not LITERALLY a month's worth of meals. So I can still do other things. Yay.

Also, Quorn, producers of mycoprotein meats like "ground beef" crumbles, chicken cutlets and chicken tenders (cubes) contacted me and A-said they read my blog and enjoy it, which I thought was pretty cool. And B-they sent me their new product, which is not even on the shelves yet! How awesome is that? I'm super excited about it too, it's Quorn Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers! And, since I strongly dislike soy burgers (the only pre-packaged veggie burgers I'm OK with are black bean burgers), I am really excited about the actual product, not just that they thought to send me some. I'll report back on whether or not they are as delicious as they sound and if I've found a pre-packaged "burger" I can stand.

Clementine Poundcake: Since I just canned (seriously, why don't they call it jarred?) a ton of citrus that we've been getting from our CSA box, I'm really digging this recipe. And, I've been trying to make more breads and such at home, so why not pound cake? It's a bread, right?

Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes: Uh, what? OMG, seriously. We love orange creamsicle everything (I'm especially fond of those Stewart's orange dream sodas. Yum.) We will definitely be trying these tasty little numbers.

Curried Potatoes: You had me at curried, Jessica.

Pasta with Kale Pesto: I love pesto, but I hate buying all that basil. I've made it with spinach a time or two, which I almost always have on-hand. Kale is another great option.

Chickpea Gravy: Wow, yum! Fair warning, if you have small kids in the room, don't go trolling Meg's site until naptime (she has a bit of a potty mouth, but her food looks delicious).

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes: Put the what in the where? Well, that's just smart. And yummy.

Are you a food blogger? Meat-eater? Vegetarian? Vegan? Please consider·Joining the Meatless (Vegan) Mondays Challenge.

This post is shared at·Saturday StumblesFriday Favorites·and·Share Your Faves.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love the once a month cooking? So great pulling out food and already having it done!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried it and love it just have not done it consistently.

    ReplyDelete