Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Stumbles Jan. 22

There it went again. The week is over. Next week will be exciting in our house as we're being forced encouraged to go dairy-free for the week (we have a little bug in the house that our doctor advised to limit the kids' dairy intake to treat). Which, as you know, pretty much gives me the excuse to go vegan for the week. I've always said it would be super hard for us to do. Cheese, it's yummy. But, here we go, a week without cheese. I'll report back next Saturday on how difficult I found it, as a vegetarian, to go vegan. I'm sure my omni husband may have more trouble with it.

But, on with the favorites.

Chickpea Cutlets: What? Oh. My. Goodness. We LOVE falafel in this house. (Yes, omni hubby, too.) It is so good, so when I saw chickpea cutlets, I'm pretty sure I drooled a bit. I'm going to sneak attack this one on the husband and see what he thinks. I guess we'll find out, also, if he reads every post I write. :)

Lentil Soup with Chorizo: Um, lentils, check. Chorizo, check. This looks like a future veggie-conversion possibility. And oh how the Spanish name sounds so exotic. Sopa de Lentajas con Chorizo, anyone? Yum.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake: Our family loves blueberries and half of us, at least, love cream cheese. I'm pretty sure even my cream cheese phobic husband would like this recipe.

Pesto Stromboli: I have all of the ingredients for the veggie-converted version of this. Alas, I cannot make it as planned due to the cheese moratorium. I'm debating on buying a cup of vegan cheese to make it anyway. If I do, it will be for Friday's meal this coming week. That's "pizza night" around here. I also had a yummy-sounding Baked Chicken Chimichangas conversion planned for Taco Tuesday. Sniff. Someday I'll make them. Maybe I'll attempt the vegan versions. But that seems a bit daunting for my first week of vegan recipes.

This post is linked at Saturday StumblesFriday Favorites and Share Your Faves.

4 comments:

  1. A week with no cheese?! You're brave! But those do sound like some yummy dishes!! Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your week without cheese! I will be back to see how it goes! Thanks for linking up :) That lentil soup with chorizo sounds fabulous- will have to try that myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! I like the coffee cake recipe; delicious.

    Thanks for sharing it on Friday Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from the Blog Hop!
    I Love your blog!

    Please follow back here:
    http://luvinmylilmonkeys.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete