Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Stumbles

itscome2this.com

The blog posts I've enjoyed this week:

Pesto Spread, looks delicious (and kinda fun to make).

Coconut Bacon, what? I like fake "bacon," I really do, but it's just not the same as the real thing. So, I'm always trying to find better versions. This looks like an interesting one. I plan to try it soon. Yum. Meg also posted a Chickpea Tacos recipe I need to try. What a great idea!

Meatballs, made from black and white beans. In my never-ending quest to eat more whole foods, I am always looking for ways to replace my "meats" with beans and other veggies. This looks delicious. I may have drooled a bit when I read it. I bought some Great Northern dry beans the other day in anticipation of making these sometime soon. I also received a yummy-sounding recipe for "ground beef" made with lentils and brown rice from a reader. I'll keep you posted on how both turn out. Maybe they'll become optional "meat" replacements in the future.

Pepperoni Macaroni sounds great for kids (including big adult-type kids). I've been thinking of doing a buffalo chicken macaroni lately, too. I wonder if there's any "meat" that wouldn't go well in macaroni.

Frozen Bananas, made in "ice cream" style? What can go wrong with that?

I'm thinking these posts could all go together in a yummy five-course meal. Who's coming for dinner? What did you find interesting this week? Did you find any delicious recipes you'd like to see in vegetarian form? Let me know here or via email at veggieconverter@gmail.com!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the link back. Much appreciated. The banana soft serve is SO good. I love to blend in strawberries. So simple and so tasty. I'll be curious to see the "ground beef" recipe.

    ReplyDelete