Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vegetarian Pizza Casserole Recipe



Here's another conversion originating from Tricia at Onceamonthmom.com

Vegetarian Pizza Casserole                                       
2 bags Quorn or Morningstar Farms ground "beef" crumbles               
32 oz. pizza sauce               
2 Tbsp.  oregano               
2 tsp. garlic salt               
16 oz. pasta, cooked and drained               
1 1/3 C milk               
6 C shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided               
2 8x8 deep dish pans               
                                       
Directions:                                       
Boil the noodles. Thaw "beef". When noodles are finished cooking, drain and return to same pot. Together in pot mix together all ingredients except 1 cup cheese for each pan, stirring thoroughly. Place in deep dish 8x8 pan(s); top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover and freeze. To serve: Thaw. Bake covered at 350F for 30 minutes, or 1 hour if still frozen.                              

The Results
Oh my. Yummy. The only ahem, "beef," I have with this is the name. If you're expecting it to taste like pizza, it really doesn't. I think I would've gone with Spaghetti Casserole. But my husband and I and our toddler all loved it. And it was super simple. I made a half of the above recipe (1/4 of the original recipe) to make sure we would like it. Now I'm wishing I'd made more. But, it is easy so it will go in the rotation for a future dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment